Each year Brealey Foster & Co take one or two students as interns from Sheffield Hallam from the BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance program for a years work experience to learn about Management and Accounts and act as Tax Assistants and Accountants responsible for a portfolio of clients from all walks of life from entrepreneurs, professionals, company directors, traders, to private individuals and landed estates.
Find out more on this page. If you would like to be considered to join us for the year follow the link here
ICAEW student registration
An example of one years student experience
Brealey Foster is a local Accountancy Practice where I was solely responsible for the preparation of 306 Personal, Partnership & Limited Companies tax returns, working directly with clients and reporting to the Office Manager. I was also responsible for covering Peter Brealey in his absence abroad and in London, totalling 40% of the year and personally assisting with his and his clients projects.
- 306 Tax Returns
- Spreadsheet Analysis
- Interview & Training candidates
- Quarry Income Analysis over 14 years
- Continuous Client contact
- Research new tax changes
- React to clients' needs/problems
- Company Valuation Report
Accountancy software used:
- IRIS Personal Tax | IRIS Business Tax | IRIS Accounts Production | IRIS OpenAudit
- Sage 50 Payroll | Sage 50 Accounts | Sage One Accountants Edition | Sage Final Accounts
This year we had this particular Project Work: IAS29 Account Restatements
Working with international KPMG correspondent firm, AEBB, using cloud based Audit software I provided Account Restatements for multi-billion dollar clients, including a bank, operating in hyperinflationary economies.
- Creating an 8 page IAS29 Spreadsheet
- Posting Clients Trial Balances to IRIS
- Custom IRIS Chart of Accounts
- Financial Statement Production
Past Sheffield Hallam students